Nothing says I love you more than a heart shaped sachet…
This project came to mind when I was laughing with a girlfriend about our husband’s sock drawers. My husband keeps his socks in a mesh basket and my friend’s husband keeps his in a garbage can! Fancy.
Drawing from our sock drawer conversation – I thought it would be funny to make heart sachets and use the scent from the “royal pine” green tree car freshner. Even more fancy!
Although this project was originally intended for Valentine’s Day, it is a gift that keeps on giving ALL year.
7 Simple Steps:
1. Gather your materials – Batting, car freshners, fabric and sewing materials
2. Create your heart patterns. I made 2 heart shapes – 1 long and skinng and the other fat and cute. After drawing the heart shape, add a 3/8″ seam allowance around the outside edge.
3. Place WRONG sides together and sew together with a 3/8″ seam allowance. Make sure to start sewing at the top of one straight sides. Sew around the entire heart, but leave a 1/2 – 1″ opening to stuff the batting into.
4. Cut your batting into small stuff-able pieces. Then cut up up your stinky car air freshner into small pieces. The car freshner has a strong scent, so you won’t need too many pieces.
5. Stuff the batting into your heart. Maneuver the batting into the top of the heart and the bottom point. Sandwich the small air freshner pieces in batting and also stuff into the heart.
6. Stuff your heart to the size you like. Pin and then sew the opening clsoed. Make sure to back stitch at each end!!
7. Not a necessary step, but you can trim the seam allowances off about 1/8″.