LOVE YOU MOM! This one is for all the Moms out there. Not only is this project easy, but it’s also super sweeeet!
This is a perfect Saturday morning last minute project.. Just give yourself an hour. Sit down with some fabric scraps, sewing machine, air freshners and make Mom a bunch of these. You will have a cute AND fresh scented gift for Mother’s Day.
Project level – beginner sewing skills needed
- Fabric – a variety of colors. Good use for scraps or fat quarters
- Thread, pins, scissors
- Paper and pen to make the hearts
- Air freshner – buy a nice, happy scent for Mom
- Sewing machine
Super easy steps:
- Draw a heart shape and add 3/8″ seam allowance
- Pin to fabric – cut out 2 pieces per fabric color
- WRONG sides together and place into sewing machine. Start sewing on one of the straight edges. With a 3/8″ seam allowance sew around the heart. Leave a 1″ opening
- Cut up your batting and air freshner into little pieces
- Stuff your batting and air freshener into the heart
- Pin the opening closet and sew
- Repeat – why not make a few!?