This post has been a long time in the making. I shouldn’t be admiting this, but we have rings on our coffee tables and I use a folded facecloth on my desk. For a sewer, I should have made coasters for our home a LONG time ago. Right??!
If you use scrap fabric, you won’t mind when someone places their red wine glass on it and leaves a rim. And terry towel is soft and absorbent. So your surfaces won’t get scratched or be ruined by liquids.
Cut squares out of your fabric – 5″ x 5″ is a good size. This measurement includes a 1/4″ – 1/2″ seam allowance.
After you cut your pieces:
- Place right sides of the fabric together
- Sew around the edges and leave a small opening – about 1″
- Trim down your corners – this will help make nice square corners
- Turn right side out. Jiggle corners into place
- Press, press, press..
- Topstitch around the outside edge – choose a decorative FUN stitch
The white terry towel is fresh and says “hello spring/summer”. The zig zag print adds a pop of color to your home.
Have an upcoming party – why not make 10 pieces and give as a hostess gift? Are you hosting a pool party or hitting the beach? Be stylish and create these today.