Welcome to Block Printing Made Easy!
Do you love prints and patterns? Do you want to create your own fabric? Have you wanted to learn how to block print and don’t know where to start? You have come to the right place.
I love prints and patterns and see shapes everywhere. If you are reading this I am sure you love prints and patterns as well.
Block Printing Made Easy is an online course. It is 3 weeks long with 3 weekly modules. Each module builds on the previous module and the student is creating beautiful fabric by week 3!
My secret sauce is having my students see that simple shapes are beautiful! I also teach how to find inspiration and look for new ideas to carve.
A common theme I see in my workshops:
- Students not knowing what to carve
- Students jumping straight from beginner block printing to advanced carvings.
- Students getting discouraged, frustrated and losing interest.
My modules are intentionally designed. The three modules layer on top of each other and build on skills. Each module has worksheets (guided templates) for the student to work from. The templates are FUN!
Module 1 –
- Working with the tools and feeling comfortable carving the block
- Developing uncomplicated linear stamps
- Playing around & stamping on paper
- Learning about repeat patterns
Module 2 –
- Doodling & sketching simple designs
- Deconstructing simple shapes from design prompts
- Carving your stamp
- Inking and printing on fabric
Module 3 –
- Sketching initial tiling stamps
- Developing the tile and also its relationship within the repeat pattern
- Playing around with patterns
- Inking & printing on fabric
Come play with me! The course is $97.
The next Block Printing Made Easy course starts May. Click here for more info.