This one is super cute!
We just hosted our baby’s 1st dino themed birthday party. While I didn’t want to go overboard with the decorations, I thought it would be fun to sew and create favor bags with dinosaurs on them. The little bags were from my own pattern and the dinosaur design was screen printed onto each bag using fabric ink and freezer paper.
See below for the easy printing steps. I dare you to create one today!
- Freezer paper
- Tulip fabric paint and sponges
- X-Acto knife and cutting mat
- Sharpie pen and scissors
- Iron and ironing board
- Gather your materials
- Find your image.. I used my baby’s clothing and bibs as inspiration and re-created my cute dinosaur. The freezer paper needs to be shiny side down. Place your image under the freezer paper and trace.
- Using the Xacto knife and mat carfeully cut around your image.
- Press onto your fabric. Make sure to place shiny side down onto your fabric. Gently press, especially around the cut edges. You do not want to lift the edges of the paper with the iron or the ink will run.
- Squeeze paint into a cup. Dab paint gently onto your fabric and cover the entire area. Be careful to NOT goop onto fabric or use too much paint. If anything, TEST TEST first!
- While the paint is still wet, peel off freezer paper.
I would love to hear your comments and see your projects with freezer paper. Feel free to like my page on facebook and then send your pictures over.
Also – please check back later this week – I promise to do a sewing post and also provide the pattern for this cute little totebag.