I am happy to be sharing the release of a new sewing pattern – the Arlo Bucket Tote. Looking for an easy sewing pattern? This PDF sewing pattern is for you.
Named after my youngest son, Arlo, this PDF pattern comes with instructions to sew two sizes – a large tote and also small tote.
The PDF pattern is available as an instant download in my online store. Included in the pattern are cutting instructions for both sizes and step by steps sewing directions with detailed drawings.
The Large Arlo Bucket Tote is an awesome “everything” bag.. It is a perfect market tote or travel bag. Consider it a pool bag, a work bag or even shove all your stuff in and take it to the gym bag.. Really, this totebag it is the ultimate “go anywhere bag”. I designed it to be super roomy with a nice large base and bottom.
Dimensions for the Large Tote: 10-1/4″ length x 6-1/4″ width x 10-3/4″ height. The base is: 10″ length x 6-3/4″ width
The Small Arlo Bucket Tote is… super cute and small. I loved the idea of a companion and “mini” version of the large tote. And I love small things. Do you often find yourself running out of the house for a quick errand and need just your wallet, keys and phone? This little bag is for you.
Dimensions for the small tote are: 7-1/2″ length x 4-3/4 width x 7-1/2″ height. The base is: 7-1/2″ length x 4-3/4″ width
Both bags have one interior hanging pocket. Don’t you just love the two bags in one sewing pattern option?
Fun facts about the Arlo Bucket Tote?
- Both the large and small sizes are perfect for “on the go” or everyday bags.
- Both bags have a nice wide base and bottom. You can stuff a lot of goodies into either tote.
- They can double as storage bins. I designed the bottom of the bag to be large and super roomy. Just leave the straps hanging down and, voila, you have a bin.
Fun sewing facts about the Arlo Bucket Tote?
- These are easy to make. This pattern is great for a beginner.
- Need a quick new sewing pattern? The Arlo Bucket Tote is also for the intermediate and advanced sewer. The instructions and detailed drawings are easy to read. You will have this whipped up in a flash!
- The Arlo Bucket tote looks awesome when sew when in a bold, cotton canvas fabric.
- Make different areas on the tote pop by mixing colors and patterns. For example, make the straps and band a solid color and then make the bottom a fun pattern. The options are endless.
- Want to sell the finished product in your online store? Not a problem. please just use my hashtags – #haberdasheryfun, #haberdasheryfunpatterns, #arlobuckettote
Want to make companion pouch? Or do you want more sewing ideas?
Check out my color pop zipper pouch tutorial
Upcycle a shopping tote into a zipper pouch with this Easy zipper pouch tutorial
Or try my free DIY tutorial for a modern Asymmetrical Color Block Tote
Leave a Reply