I love sunscreen. At the beach I follow my family, friends and all the kids around and apply sunscreen. On most sunny days, I cart around so many bottles of the stuff that I often tell myself I need a cute zipper pouch to carry it all.
I usually make small pouches, but this time around I decided to try something over-sized. I love how big it is!
- Cotton Canvas for the exterior
- Cotton canvas or fabric for the lining and zipper tab
- Twill tape for the strap
- Cutting machine and supplies
- Heat transfer vinyl
- Sewing machine and supplies
- Iron and ironing board
To make the simple pattern:
- Cut 2 rectangles – 13.5″ L x 11.5″ W out of the exterior fabric.
- Make the boxed corners – cut a 2″ x 2″ square from one corner along the 13.5″ side. Repeat for the other side.
- Place one of the pieces on top of your lining fabric. Use as a template and cut 2 pieces for the lining.
- Cut a 10″ strip from the twill tape.
Don’t you love the word “beach” that I added in red heat transfer vinyl? Without the HTV it would be a boring canvas pouch. I bought the design from the Silhouette Design Store.
I added a contrast zipper and a zipper tab at one end – this creates a very wide zipper opening. The best part – this pouch can hold more than 6 bottles of sunscreen! I even had enough room for a soft gauze baby blanket.
Want to make zipper pouches, but don’t know were to start? I have you covered and offer a bunch of tutorials to get you started:
- Curvy zipper pouch
- Reusable shopping bag pouch
- Fabric and vinyl see-thru pouch
- Velcro ribbon pouches
By the way – I launched my online pattern store this March. My curvy zipper pouch has been very popular and you can purchase the pattern there. I also have 2 free patterns – the reversible 1 hr tote and a collapsable fabric bowl.
That’s it for today. Let me know if you have any questions. Happy Sewing!
[…] Sew A Large Canvas Zipper Beach Pouch – 1 freebie(s)? […]
[…] Large Canvas Zipper Beach Pouch from Haberdashery Fun […]
[…] Essentials Pouch […]